About Me

My photo
I'm Morgan Thomas, I am a TCU Alumni, class of 2011 with a Bachelors in science (nursing). I love what I do (I work in an ICU). I am profoundly deaf in both ears with a Cochlear Implant on my left ear. I'm not afraid to talk about it, I don't mind people asking me questions about it. I have been deaf since I was 2 and I hope to get my second implant within this year (2012). I read lips very well and do not know sign language. I am an Austinite, I love the city and always will. I have a younger sister who is nothing like me but we're best friends. I have a boyfriend named Zachary, we have been together for almost two years now and he is also my best friend. I am new at blogging and hope to make this my new hobby.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Night Shift

Starting May 7th, I will be working night shift at Scott and White and I will be working them on my own (meaning no preceptor) eeep! I am nervous but kind of excited at the same time. It is an awesome group of people during this shift so I think that's going to make all the difference. I am not too thrilled about night shift just because I hate the schedule outside of work but it will help me ease into doing my job independently, I'm going to enjoy the people I work with, and it's extra money for a little while. I probably wont do it for a very long time but we'll see! It will make it harder for Zach and I to see each other being on night shift since we're still 45 minutes apart but hopefully we will work something out. I probably just need to schedule all my shifts in a row so that I'll have a few days off in a row to drive to RR. Btw it is a BEAUTIFUL day outside right now as I am typing this, I should lay out by the pool! I am destined to keep blogging on a regular basis but sometimes I forget! Hopefully I can make it more routine. Hope everyone is doing well and have an swell day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment