About Me

My photo
I'm Morgan Thomas, I am a TCU Alumni, class of 2011 with a Bachelors in science (nursing). I love what I do (I work in an ICU). I am profoundly deaf in both ears with a Cochlear Implant on my left ear. I'm not afraid to talk about it, I don't mind people asking me questions about it. I have been deaf since I was 2 and I hope to get my second implant within this year (2012). I read lips very well and do not know sign language. I am an Austinite, I love the city and always will. I have a younger sister who is nothing like me but we're best friends. I have a boyfriend named Zachary, we have been together for almost two years now and he is also my best friend. I am new at blogging and hope to make this my new hobby.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Bought my first couch!

I am moving to my apartment in Temple this weekend and am pretty anxious about it. First time I'll ever be living by myself. Plus, Temple is kind of the middle of no where with crime (a lot more so than Round Rock). I hope my door has a dead bolt! Otherwise I have Zach there to protect me :)

So getting to the couch details, I need a couch with sleeper sofa because it's just a one bedroom apartment. I searched on Craigslist and boy do people have ugly taste in couches, it was hard to find one that wasn't like retro or some squash/pea color. Anyways, I found one that was light olive green with micro-fiber suede material, it was perfect! It has a queen size sleeper sofa and is nice and cushiony. I didn't take a picture of it but I will when everything is all moved in! I went all the way to bastrop to pick it up and it was only $195! (Originally like $800-$1200, what a steal!). I was prepping for night shift last night and spent some of my time cleaning and vacuuming it so it's all nice when I move into my apartment on Saturday. I think I'm going to add a mattress topper to the sleeper so it's more comfortable. It was a good investment I made and I'm excited about it. Need a place to crash for a night if you're on a road trip you can always call me! (only if I know you lol) Pictures soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment