About Me

My photo
I'm Morgan Thomas, I am a TCU Alumni, class of 2011 with a Bachelors in science (nursing). I love what I do (I work in an ICU). I am profoundly deaf in both ears with a Cochlear Implant on my left ear. I'm not afraid to talk about it, I don't mind people asking me questions about it. I have been deaf since I was 2 and I hope to get my second implant within this year (2012). I read lips very well and do not know sign language. I am an Austinite, I love the city and always will. I have a younger sister who is nothing like me but we're best friends. I have a boyfriend named Zachary, we have been together for almost two years now and he is also my best friend. I am new at blogging and hope to make this my new hobby.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DIY Throw Pillows

So along with my spankin new couch, it obviously needs some decor on it. I want some nice vintage throw pillows for it. Throw pillows are expensive as hell at the store and I don't want to spend that kind of money. Since I have sewing experience and I can work a sewing machine I thought I should just put myself to work when I have time off from work lol and make my own! I'm so excited about it, I really hope they turn out like I want them to. I saw this idea on Pinterest and I really loved the fabric that was chosen for these pillows so I'm going to go along the lines of something like this. I don't like those pillows that have frilly crap on it or beading decor cause then you can't lay on them, although I know they're not meant to lay on but otherwise they're too fragile. I will post an official picture of my work when it's all complete! :) Btw this is my first picture posting, woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment