About Me

My photo
I'm Morgan Thomas, I am a TCU Alumni, class of 2011 with a Bachelors in science (nursing). I love what I do (I work in an ICU). I am profoundly deaf in both ears with a Cochlear Implant on my left ear. I'm not afraid to talk about it, I don't mind people asking me questions about it. I have been deaf since I was 2 and I hope to get my second implant within this year (2012). I read lips very well and do not know sign language. I am an Austinite, I love the city and always will. I have a younger sister who is nothing like me but we're best friends. I have a boyfriend named Zachary, we have been together for almost two years now and he is also my best friend. I am new at blogging and hope to make this my new hobby.

Friday, February 10, 2012

NCLEX

I take the dreadful NCLEX in 6 days and I'm freaking out. BUT, i will pass it the first time!! :) Trying to think positive and pray about it. please pray for me, I would love all of the support and thought. If I don't pass it, 1) I will be devastated, 2) I'm out of my internship at Scott and White which means i won't have a job which is not so bueno. But like I said, I'm going to pass it the first time ;) All I know is that I've put my heart and soul into this and I've put in a lot of time and effort and I just hope that it pays off! All you nurses out there know what I'm talking about.

It's a state board examination for nurses to get their license if they pass. There is a range of 75-265 questions. The computer can cut you off at any number and you either passed or failed at whatever number they cut you off at. You get 6 hours to take the exam. and the worst part, you don't know your results for 48 hours. I take mine on a Thursday and so I have to wait till Monday...awful. but it used to be that you had to wait 2 weeks before you got your results so it can't be that bad. So that's a little background info about this exam that is quite stressful for many of us.

I'm going to kick it's ass :)


No comments:

Post a Comment